Friday, October 17, 2008

Sleeping arrangements

It's been a while since we had a good stomach bug rip through our house, so we were due for last night. At about 5:00, Jax mentioned that his stomach didn't feel good, but he didn't make a big deal about it. In fact, we went to the grocery store, and he ate a chocolate chip cookie from the bakery (I guess you're never too sick for cookies). When we got home, he and Gracie terrorized the neighborhood on their scooters. Rightfully so, I assumed he was fine. WRONG! He came in about 6:00 and said he was sick. Of course, Gracie's soccer game started at 6:30, so I didn't have time for a sick child. In the frenzy of trying to get out the door, Kev sees Jax hugging the toilet and then laying on the bathroom floor (Kev is so proud..Jax is ready for college). Of course, my baby wants his momma when he's sick, so Kev took Gracie to her soccer game.

To save time and energy, I will get to the point...we have new floors throughout our house. It was not safe to let Jax sleep anywhere except...our bathroom! Therefore, we aired up our double high queen air mattress, placed it in our bathroom (it obviously has much wasted space), and Jax and I prepared for a wonderful night. We did have to change the sheets shortly after our escapade began (we gave Jax a Phenergan suppository, and he didn't even wake when he threw up in the bed). Note to self: the Phenergan didn't help his nausea; it just made him incoherent to his vomiting! Luckily, he stopped the madness at about 3:40 this morning.

All in all, we survived. He totaled 8 vomits, but he is acting like a champ today (he wanted cereal at 7:30...I made him wait until 9:30). It was definitely an adventure last night. Please pray Gracie doesn't meet the same fate!!!

1 comment:

shanfran said...

Oh, Bran! That is awful! I know how horribla it is to have sick kids, but I am proud too that Jax was "grown-up" enough to know to go to the toilet. David has yet to grasp that novel idea.

I hope nobody else ends up with the virus. I'll keep you all in my prayers.