Saturday, March 22, 2008

Future Beckham?

Gracie and Jaxon are both playing soccer this spring, so I am officially a minivan driving soccer mom (and I wouldn't want it any other way!).

Gracie's 1st game was Wednesday, and she played very well. Unfortunately, she had been sick all week and just diagnosed with bronchitis (on top of her asthma). Therefore, she didn't play with her usual zest (between being tired, having to use her inhaler, and just starting antibiotics, we are surprised she even made it out on the field). Being the trooper that she is, she managed to play in each of her rotations.
Jax had his 2nd game today. Of course, we were out a little late last night, so everyone was a little sleepy this morning (luckily Kev awoke at 8:00, or Jax would have missed his game). I had a little headache, so I asked Kev to let me sleep an extra 15 minutes while he got the children out of bed. He quickly came back to inform me that Gracie wanted to stay home and sleep. I'm not one to argue (yeah, right), so I gladly said I would make the sacrifice and stay home with her. Needless to say, the girls got to sleep-in; Gracie came in at 10:00 and said that she was hungry. I still can't believe I got to sleep that late. Anyway, there was a great commotion when 'Beckham' and daddy returned. They ran into the house with Jax yelling, "I scored 5 goals!!!" Much to my chagrin (for being absent), Kev gave me the details of the game. Apparently, we have quite a soccer player on our hands. Not only did he score 5 goals (and several assists), but he was also a good little defender; the other team was scoreless! Kev said that he actually got a little embarrassed because Jax was being such the star.
Taking out the other team:
Jax scores!!!
All business:

No comments: